View Single Post
Old 10-19-22, 08:14 AM
LarrySellerz

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2693 Post(s)
Liked 485 Times in 350 Posts
Total bill for 2 new wheels (2 bikes had broken spokes) + labor to swap over the cassette and true things up and 3 tubes? 275$ Stuff is getting so expensive, at least they gave me a couple extra tires and tubes for free. I came to pick up my 2 bikes on another bike, and then tried to carry all 3 home at once and got accused of stealing bikes by a random person. Was honestly kind of upset at the time that he accused me, I was carrying 3 bikes/2 tubes and had made it a couple blocks from the store before taking a minute to lock up one of the bikes and ride away carrying the other. When i came back for the locked up bike this dude who had been eating outside at this overpriced mexican restaurant confronted me. At least my bikes are mostly fixed.

The bike shop (best one in town) confirmed what I already knew, once you start breaking spokes the wheel is likely needs to be replaced anyways. If youre paying someone else to do it its more economical to just replace the wheel, so you might as well ride a wheel with broken spokes to failure because its going to have to get replaced anyways.