View Single Post
Old 08-22-22, 02:46 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by 70sSanO
It’s always been there. Might be more obvious now, but our culture has been bred with a disadvantaged underdog prevailing over a privileged opponent.

I doubt few people were rooting against the Cutters. Or for Happy Gilmore’s Grandma to lose her home.

Blutarsky getting the girl and becoming a Senator, while Niedermeyer is killed by his own troops is a classic.

John

OK so there's been a few of these weird morality of not bringing tubes threads, and I've always ended up siding with the "bring tubes" people because there's always some joker posting about how he doesn't need to because he has, unlike other losers, people who will pick him up if he has a blow out, implying if not outright saying that it's our paucity of human relationships that makes it necessary to be self-sufficient. This thread is the flip side--the guy took a calculated risk, and he's walking his own way out of the problem. Cleats or not, I don't see that as irrational. .
Likes For livedarklions: