Old 01-18-21, 08:57 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 115 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1114:

25° this morning with a very light wind. Not knowing how the roads/trails would be after Friday's blizzard I loaded up the fat bike. However, I couldn't find my tail light.

It wasn't on the bike, and it wasn't on the kitchen counter where I set it if I brought it inside to be charged. I searched the garage, then I went inside and searched the kitchen. After not finding it in either of those places, I went back out to the bike and grabbed my pannier, then proceeded to unpack it. No light.

Perhaps I somehow carried it into the bedroom and set it on my dresser? I went back in where my wife was still asleep and started to feel around in the dark on top of my dresser. After a minute my wife said, "You might as well turn on the light because I'm awake now." Oops. I turned on the light and verified what my hands were telling me: no light on top of my dresser. Then I happened to glance down and saw it sitting on the floor in the corner. I have no idea how it got there.

After re-packing everything I finally rolled out of the garage 20 minutes later than I had planned. Knowing I was running late I pushed extra hard to try and make up the time, which is a challenge on a fat bike. When I got to the office, I looked at the clock and I was right on time. I somehow managed to push that bike hard enough that I shaved 20 minutes off my usual commute time for this bike.

I'm pretty tuckered out now, though.