View Single Post
Old 11-22-21, 01:01 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4444 Post(s)
Liked 4,897 Times in 3,031 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
What OP actually said: "[color=#222222]I am just looking for some advice on some gear that I might need. I will need to buy a bike but I am looking for any information or advice on indoor trainers, power meters and anything else helpful!"

Please notice the word "might". "Bike" is in the need category, everything else is in the "might need" category.

"You probably don't need that yet" is perfectly reasonable advice, may be helpful, and is responsive to the OP's inquiry.
Well that was my point actually. When someone says they might need something and asks for information about that something, then telling them they probably don't need it is pretty pointless advice. Depending on where you live and personal preferences, an indoor trainer is actually a perfectly reasonable way to start cycling in the winter months. I benefit massively from indoor cycling at this time of year, as do many others. But we don't know anything about the OP's preferences other than they specifically mentioned indoor trainers, so that might just be a clue.