Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3886 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisp72
Carbonfibreboy...I don't plan on forcing anyone into anything they're not comfortable with. More time is important but planning is the name of the game now. It's all pleasant talk now that the world is shut down for the most part. I don't intend to start a fire and then walk away...I assure you my intentions are pure. We're both adults and need to learn about each other. The foundation is there for a great relationship until it's not. We both have our lives but we're willing to at least try...I've asked her this and told her I'm willing to put the effort in. I know there will be things that come up but I feel we can work through them. We have our points of view but I feel she has a good heart and sees the best in people. We're both upfront so far and the future looks good. Ultimately we'll figure things out with each other and spend time together.
Sure, start that thread. IMO this is as good a forum as any for it. Probably more cycling couples here than anywhere. Foo doesn't seem right. You are correct, cycling and love do go together.

In the group with whom I've been riding for over 20 years, there are 3 types of couples:
1) Been together for many years, ride together, sometimes 2 singles, sometimes 1 tandem, depending on control issues.
2) New relationships, hoping to become long term, been riding in the group for a while previously. This is the Peyton Flock effect. Pairings come and go.
3) Tandems trolling for either captains or stokers. Eventually these result in permanent pairings.

IME riding with someone really helps with getting to know who they are, inside. People talk with their bikes. That seems to apply to many physical activities, some, well, more than others.

The issues I mentioned earlier don't come up until the WOW has eased off.

The news from the love front is that cohabiting in the time of the virus is a hot thing but is for the duration of the lockdown.

Just having a little fun. My wife's on a Zoom meeting. We did 52 miles and 2750' this past Sunday on our tandem. Our cat's sleeping on our kitchen table.