Old 10-02-20, 10:54 AM
Splendidtutiona

Bikes: '73 Raleigh Competition, Guru Sidero, Soma Groove, Smolenski,

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
Peugeot P8

So, it occurs to me that I paid $80 for, as it turns out, is a 1982 Peugeot P8 in 2017(?). I was living in NJ and found this on Craigslist

Recent photo, little to no work done.
After some issues with other old bikes (stuck stems, losing bearings, stuck seatposts, bloody knuckles, and grease on the living room carpet) I was a little gun shy about tackling this. Then the COVID clunker challenge rolls around and...why not.

Holy crap! The seatpost and stem came right out! Without a hammer!
So, after bearings, brake and shifter cables, and 1 tube (all of which came out of my drawer o’ crap) I figure $10 in parts is safe. Grease and PB Blaster are free, right? So I’m at $90. Here’s hoping that 38 year old “made in France” tires hold up!

Post shakedown ride around the block last night.
I think it’s about 1 size too small. Which is odd, since I pretty much always ride a 54cm, which the frame claims this is

Sticker under bottom bracket
I’ve heard it said that everyone needs a gas pipe French frame in their Arsenal! Might as well use if for a clunker challenge. The only real problem is the rear wheel isn’t perfectly true, and rubs on the brake nicely every time the wheel goes around. I guess it’s just letting me know it hasn’t fallen off yet. Here’s to 100km!
Likes For Splendidtutiona: