Old 11-11-20, 07:53 AM
Litespud

Bikes: 2000 Litespeed Vortex Chorus 10, 1995 DeBernardi Cromor S/S

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Liked 797 Times in 446 Posts
Originally Posted by Helldorado
Lets discuss cycling with a video camera. Do you wear a helmet cam or a handlebar cam or a chest cam? Does it make you feel safer? Have you ever recorded something that helped you in any way? Would you recommend a certain camera brand or model to a newbie (like me)?
I run a Cycliq 6 rear camera. I got it mainly for dogs - if I’m chased and brought down by a dog, I want evidence of what it looked like and from what property it emerged, ‘cos someone’s getting sued. The camera’s less useful for cars as NC cars don’t have front tags, so there’s no guarantee of identifying a specific car coming from behind. Still, better than nothing. The most useful part of the camera is probably the pretty decent red strobe. The cycliq is a purpose-built bike camera - good battery life (~6 hr camera-only, ~4.5hr camera + strobe), looping over-recording of video, with the ability to save segments either by push button or automatically if the bike goes over, to prevent over-recording of specific incidents. They’re not cheap, though - IIRC it cost ~$250

Last edited by Litespud; 11-11-20 at 07:58 AM.