Old 11-12-20, 10:36 AM
Zeuloa

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sdimattia
I'm 5'1", inseam is 29"

Excuse the late reply, been busy riding and working. If you're on the fence between the 42cm and 49cm, I'd definitely try the sizes out first. I've got a 75mm saddle to handlebar drop. For me, that puts me at thr extreme end of my comfort limits. If you're taller than me and your inseam can fit the standover of a 49cm (30" I think vs 28" on the 42cm), I'd recommend maybe sizing up so the drop won't be so extreme. Of course, it's completely up to you!
Now mine is a very late reply! Thanks for the info! I’ve had the 42 for a few months now and had the chance to exchange for a 49 (this was when they were not available yet and would’ve had to wait), but kept the 42. You’re right about the seat to stem drop, and I have it set up + and still about 7cm drop. They sent it with a 90mm stem which is too short for my size (5’3” 29 inseam), even according to a chart they have on their website so I’m looking at getting a 110mm.

I didn’t have a chance to try either size as I couldn’t find any in South Florida, and although I love the bike, I still wonder if I should’ve been patient and waited for the 49 as it might’ve been a better fit, plus more selection of tires for 700c wheels! I’ll post some picks as soon as I hit 10 posts!

BTW I upgraded to the delux freewheel and it’s great (47/16 set up), but I’m looking at the WI as I think a 17 freewheel might suit me better.

How do you like the Gatorskins btw?

Last edited by Zeuloa; 11-12-20 at 03:18 PM.