View Single Post
Old 08-29-21, 05:19 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8287 Post(s)
Liked 9,062 Times in 4,483 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
As I neared home, about 3 miles out, I was passed on a little short climb by a guy on an Ebike. Half a mile later, there he was on the side of the road, obviously having some problem. I confess to smiling a bit inside.
I rode by myself yesterday. I was crossing a valley which is very popular with cyclists and a guy on an e-bike passed me. After a couple miles he was still in sight and the road tilted down a bit so I went after him. He had a rear rack and a duffel and a strap was hanging down into the rear wheel.

When I pulled up alongside him he was so startled I thought he might fall off. I warned him about the strap and he stopped to fix it. Shortly after that there was a slight uphill and he caught me easily and thanked me profusely I guess he hasn't received a lot of love from the local roadies.

Today I went to the bike path north of here. I usually don't go there on weekends I was extra careful as there were knuckleheads about. I also saw some of those huge fat tired e-bikes. It looks strange to see a 100 pound girl on a gigantic fat bike. Reminds me of when I saw a lady pushing her e-fat on the bike path looking for a place she could get the thing rolling.