View Single Post
Old 11-26-21, 02:35 AM
digger

Mentioned: 213 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1295 Post(s)
Liked 157 Times in 132 Posts
Originally Posted by MinnMan
I'm pretty sure the OPs concerns about cool are tongue-in-cheek, but as I've posted about before, I am also trying to decide whether to put the studs on my Warbird or the steel Masi. At the moment, I'm leaning towards the Masi. By the time you add the weight of the bike, the studded tires, and the all the clothes I'm wearing under those conditions, it's raher like riding a truck. But it's a good workout. A couple of winters ago I did a winter century with it.

So personally, the choice is probably going to go to the old steel bike b/c it's going to be a better workout.

Also, recently I've been using the Masi as my commuter, and if I continue to commute in the snow, the studded tires will do double duty.
True, extra weight would enhance the workout. I'm familiar with the Warbird but I had to look up the Masi; it's very nice! I wouldn't mind being seen on something like that, even though it is steel. But at first glance it looks like aluminum, so that's a plus.

That old Raleigh has dual pivot brake calipers, stopping power isn't the greatest, but I'll keep my average speed down to 30 kph for the winter.

A winter century is impressive!