Thread: Slowing Down?
View Single Post
Old 04-01-22, 03:47 PM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1069 Post(s)
Liked 788 Times in 505 Posts
Originally Posted by OldCoot
So sorry to hear of your diagnosis of prostate cancer. I of course have no knowledge of your particulars so can not comment on your situation, not to mention it would possibly come off as arrogant. I can say that I had prostate cancer nearly 10 years ago, and I am still alive and riding. Of course after surgery there was a period where I could not ride, but it was temporary. Most useful to me was having a close friend who had gone through this a few years ahead of me. He was most gracious listening to my thoughts, concerns and feelings, which helped me tremendously.

As the old saying goes, "Keep on trucking".
Glad to read that you came through your treatment in great condition and things have gone well. regarding what I bolded -- Unlike some I never take offense since we are all *brothers in arms* in the desire to overcome our predicament. A little difference in my diagnosis is that I am a member of the 5% PCa (Prostate Cancer) grouping. That means that only 5 men of every 100 diagnosed World Wide have biopsy results as bad as mine. Finally made it to the top of the ladder only it's not the way I wanted.

Bike ON.