Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
Interesting stuff.

Though I wasn't mentioning steroids for doping. I was more commenting about the weight I can't seem to get rid of after I got over COVID. I don't remember being overly tired for any lingering period of time as a result of COVID or the regimen of steroid and anti-biotics. However since then, I don't seem to be getting rid of the extra poundage I add and keep through the winter. Nor did I get down to the weight I typically have during the summer when I'm really active and riding a lot.
That weight gain may also be related to the Prednisone. It interferes with our natural cortisol level, which is linked to weight, among other things. I gained about 15 lbs after getting Prednisone in October and November.

But... I also ate a lot more junk food during the holidays. I binged on about one entire pecan pie a week, and sometimes pumpkin pie too, every week from mid-November through early January 2022. My weight went from 150-165. I also wasn't nearly as physically active as I'd been for the past several years, mostly due to the lingering COVID symptoms, and somewhat due to the metabolic crash from Prednisone.

I'm back down a bit, fluctuating between 155-160. I don't obsess over it, but I have changed my diet a bit and cut back on the junk food.