Old 08-02-19, 12:17 PM
teejaywhy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 69 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Bikerider
On Sunday I was taking my usual loop through the East Bay town of Walnut Creek. I like to cross Ygnacio Valley Road at San Carlos and cruise through the neighborhoods. I'm pretty slow and the streets are wide and traffic very light, typical suburban area built in the 1950's. I know that because the swim club, Rancho San Miguel is celebrating their founding in 1959. A group of three riders passed me but then I soon caught up to them standing in the road looking at a map, they seemed to be deciding to turn left. I asked where they are going and got the reply "Diablo". My reply "you're going the wrong way". So I continued on, I could see the locally famous mountain straight ahead. After getting through the neighborhoods I came out on Walnut Ave and turned right heading up. Looking back to the left I could see those three riders. They came by and I said "told you so". I hope they had a nice ride but they could have done better and learned something by just looking around them and following the obvious route. I'm a fan of keeping the map in my pocket and figuring it out on my own, it's way more fun. Even worse is slavishly following some computerized route.
I bet they wish they were you.