View Single Post
Old 05-18-20, 04:28 PM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
Originally Posted by sherbornpeddler
Jim M. Bravo! Nice that the weather in Richmond was so similar to this neck of the woods. How were the cobbles? Did you see Peter Sagan when you were there? Tell me drafted all the way until the last 200m?
Ah, you know Richmond, do you? The cobblestones are still there in the Zwift course, and their audio makes the appropriate noises but for some strange reason I didn't feel them through the bike saddle. No Peter Sagan as far as I could tell. The climb up Chimborazo hill from the river was a killer. I was running about 100 watts and the app thought I needed more so it slowed me down to a standstill for a short while! Or maybe I had a data probem, I dunno'.

I'me trying to decide whether I like Zwift or Rouvy. The Rouvy visuals are spectacular but so far I've run into technical problems with Rouvy that Zwift doesn't have. The psychological effect of either is quite effective.

Addendum: I have to mention that my sweetie has been riding the trainer too. She asked me to set up her bike, and then she spent an hour riding around London. Two days later she decided to do Zwift's short version of the FTP test. Now she wants to go through one of their training programs, a 4-week FTP improvement sequence. Yow.

Last edited by jimmuller; 05-19-20 at 04:56 AM.
Likes For jimmuller: