Old 03-09-21, 04:48 PM
Doge

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3374 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
Originally Posted by Hermes
Let’s soak up this rare pic of Doge on a bike racing.

My wife and I rode Tecate Ensenada and Rosarito Ensenada on the tandem and on individual road bikes. Pretty fun events.
When it hurts, I know how to make it stop, and I do.
When I have a partner depending on me, I both train harder and ride harder. I was not made to be a solo bike racer. I believe I understand well what it takes and that is not what I have.

What was interesting is we (same for the mixed) were faster than teams of better single riders. The tandem used to be a big track event. Like many cycling events new things replace old things. Had it stayed I would likely have stayed involved. I've had 4-5 tandems and as an engineer in the 80s did early 3D Finite Element designs of frames. That was a special frame. Burn (his name) at Phil Wood made an ovalized TT for me. I had Dwan at Co-Motion run the rear laterals past the seat tube. It was a joy to sprint on and with moose on the back we could ride off the front of Como up or down the hill. Mostly due to moose. Those wer some of my wheels. Running 32 hole bladed tied and soldered. I had tubulars that were lighter, but we thought in Mexico we should go with clinchers for spares. I ran those at 140 PSI.
Likes For Doge: