linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
Originally Posted by Steamer
All it requires is a hacksaw.
Don't have one, can't cut straight even with scissors, lol. And don't have the strength to make the cut either (medical condition). So I look for path of least resistance.

On the other subject, a change of shoes with sole width difference has made a big change in the trike fit. Dropping the recline ever so slightly also may have helped. In any case, left knee pain gone this a.m. after
riding yesterday, so now I know which shoes to wear, lol. Next thing is deciding on the handlebars. I can see where vertical. bars would be less tiring than horizontal; I tried holding the vertical post yesterday and
it's definitely more comfortable for my arms as they are closer to my body and more relaxed. The question is whether I will find I have the requisite hand strength to pull the brake levers in that different orientation and
whether I like shifting with the bottom of my hand grip rather than thumb and forefinger. It sounds weird to me but I think I will set up the right side vertically as that side does most of the shifting and see how it goes.
Getting things set up takes time.

Last edited by linberl; 04-20-22 at 11:21 AM.