View Single Post
Old 11-24-20, 03:16 PM
bbsupersport

Bikes: 2005 Litespeed Firenze, 2001 Litespeed Tuscany, 2018 Rocky Mountain Whistler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by pepperbelly
thanks. I am changing my diet to lose weight and riding to get in shape. I also just want to ride to see stuff. I retired at the end of July and the covid really put a crimp in my plans.
My wife bought the Zwift thing and I have an indoor trainer. I am putting my comfort bike on it for now.
Good on you for making the effort to live a more healthy lifestyle. I'm also 62, retired 2 years ago, and started riding this summer. A couple of things that have helped me keep going, I registered to ride for charity in The Great Cycle Challenge to raise money to fight kid's cancer and set a distance goal for the month of August. It was a great experience, rewarding knowing that I was able to help out a bit for a great cause and pushed me to get out and ride. Also, I started riding with a couple of buddies and this really made it more fun. We usually set a destination where we could grab a coffee before turning around and heading back. It took me about 3-4 weeks before my shoulder and butt pain started easing up but eventually, I got to the point where I actually stopped thinking about it.
I bought a used road bike a week ago and ordered an indoor trainer to keep going so I don't have to start all over again in the spring.
All the best to you!