rydabent
Banned

Bikes: RANS Stratus TerraTrike Tour II

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3352 Post(s)
Liked 1,056 Times in 635 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelochs
Oi .... here it goes ...... The local shop runs a lot of group rides and has its own cycling club (or rather, the shop owners and most employees are in the club.) There are riders of both sexes (or is "genders" the PC acceptable term nowadays ? ) In any case, any of them can work the register, fix a bike, outride my sorry butt and keep up with the fast group .... But it isn't "sexist" top assume that if there are two people in a shop, the guy is the mechanic, but Only because of social patterns .... "norms" which are in fact not "normal" but just usual.

However, the "Big-girl panties" remark was definitely an attack by Rydabent on what he implied was the lacking masculinity of people who don't do roadside repair.

The logical flaw here .... would be taking anything Rydabent posted, seriously.

He is not only a bent rider, he is a dinosaur, even by my standards. He grew up in a time when men were os afraid of women men had to belittle and demean women just to feel adequate .... and he is one of those old guys who instead of getting wise, got bitter, so he is still living in the mindset of a person born in the Cretaceous age (or however old he is---I think he is 85.) To him, calling a wan "womanly" is an ultimate put-down.... he doesn't see that he is also demeaning all women because for him, looking down on women (those scary women) is this norm.

(Contrast this with OldTryGuy who is about as old but has stayed vital and mentally alive ..... )

But hey .... for a guy as old as Rydabent to still be able to ride at all, is pretty amazing, so I try to cut him some slack when he responds with his tiny dinosaur brain, or completely fails to grasp the meaning of posts responding to his, or fails to even read posts responding to his ......

As for the size of underwear .... I guess Depends won't fit under bibs which is why he so loudly advertises the benefits of loose, floppy shorts.

But hey .... for all his silliness, the guy is still riding.
Yup Im 83 and ride anywhere from 15 to 35 miles every other day. Both my bike and trike have have a mirror image trunk packs of each other when it comes to tools and supplies.

BTW, since I have retired when I was 70 I have ridden approx 25,000 mile, and have never called anyone to rescue me, OR WALKED HOME. OTOH I have stopped and assisted countless riders that didnt have the knowledge or supplies or tools they should have had with them. To me the biggest surprise is that my 6" crescent wrench is the tool most used to help people out of their problem.