View Single Post
Old 09-16-21, 01:55 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10970 Post(s)
Liked 7,496 Times in 4,192 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
The people I'm talking about are racking up hundreds of miles per day, day in, day out. Amanda Coker used this technique to smash the year record--the same 7 mile loop, again and again and again for 235 miles per day. https://gearjunkie.com/news/amanda-c...mileage-record

The advantage is obvious--when something goes wrong, it's just a quick walk back home to get the back-up bike, eat, rest up, whatever. Also, you can take bigger risks of riding in foul weather because you can easily bail if it gets too bad. Every time you increase the circumference of that circle, you're increasing the likelihood of extended down time when that is your primary enemy to setting the record..
Oh, you meant distance records as in setting distance records compared to anyone anywhere. I figured you were referring to people setting their own records, like PRs. If I ride a few thousand miles in a year, thats good. She rode that in less than 2 weeks.
Time for me to look into something like shuffleboard.
Likes For mstateglfr: