View Single Post
Old 04-22-23, 04:44 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked 1,731 Times in 1,008 Posts
What a day. Decided to ride outside today weather was ok, wind and storms by 5, which as thing happened was spot on. I head out and 22 miles in, I get a frantic call from my son. He and my wife went to see a movie and they got t-boned at an intersection on their way to the theater by some woman that ran a red light. His car is older so most likely a total loss, but my son and wife are ok, just some bruising and my son has a small hairline fracture in his left leg, which is a blessing. When he called me, I was about a mile away actually heading to that area. I heard the ambulances and what not responding, and as I arrive at the scene, I walk up and the cops are looking at me in my bike gear and telling me to go away. I explain this is my family and he is going to have to arrest me if he thinks I am not going over there. The Sgt on the scene waves me over. I see they are ok, but very shaken up, but ok. I was also very shaken up, HR spiked up to about 175 when he called and it stayed up there for a little over an hour.

The woman that ran the light was drunk, and she eventually ran into a tree. It was 10:30 am, and she was drunk, had an open bottle of vodka in the drink holder.

They took them to the hospital right down the road, so I go ahead an head that way. I get to the hospital right about the same time the ambulance gets there, again making sure they are ok. I ride home to change and head back to the ER. ER team checks them out, all is good, which is amazing since she hit the drivers side door. Side and front air bags saved their lives. My wife just has a nasty bruise on her left fore arm, she believe she hit the center column shifter. Woman that him them, did not have airbags, she is in a coma with bad head wounds and glass in her face. They let my son and wife go about 3 pm, drunk woman went to the hospital downtown into the arrested patient section.

So for today, I got in 25 with a crappy call, and a very high heart rate for over an hour. The rest of the week, I got 134, all indoors.

Last edited by jaxgtr; 04-22-23 at 05:24 PM.
Likes For jaxgtr: