View Single Post
Old 04-06-22, 10:49 AM
greatbasin

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by ZHVelo
This is entirely biased falsehoods, stemming from your need to find a conspiracy theory. Americans are fat because they drive everywhere, don't exercise and binge on junk food. Food that doesn't just have carbs but also copious amounts of fat and just too much calories in general.

Take all the pacific islands, when fast food was introduced to them they suddenly became some of the most obese countries on earth.

I mean by your logic, Japan couldn't be one of the healthiest countries on earth with very long life expectancies as they eat so much white rice, so much evil, bad, even processed carbs.
I'm supposing you're taking issue with only my last paragraph. I'm not sure why I would have a "need to find a conspiracy theory." If Americans are fat because they drive everywhere, that would be in agreement that as a culture and economy the US chose technology over health. People choose to spend more on their expensive and high-tech cars, and less on their health at the drive-thru.

If you're so determined to dismiss the obscene prevalence of cheap carbs and sugar in US culture, just try going fat-fueled for one week, just seven days. Try it just as an experiment. It won't take believing a conspiracy theory or converting to a new religion or anything -- just forsaking the carbs totally for a week to increase your awareness of them and experience an alternative. If you decide to switch to a high starch and sugar diet afterward, at least you can say you were open-minded about it.

There's this guy that ate low-sugar and he did the opposite: tried eating a sugary diet as an experiment and made a film documentary about it. He's Australian and one of the things he addresses is the affect on aboriginal peoples that is similar to what you describe for the Pacific Islanders. It's not pro-keto propaganda if you're worried about that. I don't think he mentions keto ever in the film. Be curious and check it out. It's hilarious if nothing else. Free if you have Prime

https://www.amazon.com/That-Sugar-Fi...s%2C138&sr=8-1

Here's the link for YT, same film:

Last edited by greatbasin; 04-06-22 at 11:02 AM.