View Single Post
Old 08-03-22, 01:30 PM
ZHVelo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 161 Posts
Originally Posted by RH Clark
I don't doubt that at all. Do you think I can find a similar study to support that sugar is the cause of fatty liver disease, heart attack and strokes rather than healthy fats? I can also find one that will support the conclusion that it is neither high fat nor high sugar that is the problem but rather the combination of both at the same time.

The best you can do it to look at as much info as possible from both spectrums and come to your own best conclusions.

I can tell you for a fact as someone who went 2 years consuming very low carbs and no sugar that some of those conclusions you sited are true but only until your body adapts to your new fuel source. That low energy and hunger will go completely away after 3 months of adaptation. Your cell mitochondria actually change to burn fat rather than carbohydrates.
Why would you not eat sugar? Do you not eat fruits?

What benefits do you gain from consuming almost no carbs?

3 months is highly individual, and also, how long until you were at the same level fitness wise, including intense efforts? Peter Attia said for him it took well over a year in ketogenic state. There are no pros doing it, so from a sport perspective, it is nonsense.