View Single Post
Old 07-08-21, 08:48 AM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked 1,314 Times in 707 Posts
I definitely think there is a place for the "best" technology when it comes to bikes and that is when one is riding competitively. If you have already optimized the motor then any advantage one gets from optimizing the bike makes sense.

But... if one talks obsessively about the competitive advantages of one bike over another yet only rides recreationally, as most of us do here, and hasn't optimized the motor, it comes across that the "competition" is just how fancy a bike one can buy. Using a credit card is not a skill. I suspect, except for a few outliers, most people participating on this forum could not out ride the capabilities of even a mid grade fat bike. I know I just took my rigid Fatboy to Alpine Ski Resort in Fernie and the only thing limiting my progression through the runs was skill, not bike.

All that does not mean one can't choose whatever bike they want. That's fair play. But blah blah blah about how one is so much better than the other is boring to anyone who actually gets out and gives it on a regular basis. On the trails I meet few people who give a sh_t as long as you are riding.

Likes For Happy Feet: