LeSexyFishorse

Bikes: 93 Zunow Di Picce, Nakagawa, Bridgestone Track bike

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 28 Posts
Originally Posted by canklecat
Yeah, 53-54cm.

I'd be concerned about frame damage based on the amount of oxidation visible in the aluminum parts. Check for rust if possible.

The selling price of that bike would need to be really cheap to make it worthwhile to clean up everything and make it worth replacing components that might be too far gone.
Its sitting at about 100 USD last I checked. There is frame rust for sure. Do you think its likely that stem or seatpost is stuck based on the corrosion of the parts? Looks like it was left outside for a long time (idk if this contributes to frame/seatpost sticking). Do you have experience with frame rust to this degree? Do you think it can be salvaged? I have no experience with this degree of rust and needing to take the frame to a builder to repair (corrosion I cannot solve without framebuilding knowledge) would be a dealbreaker for me. This is why I am concerned about stuck stems/seatposts because I dont want to deal with having to heat and cool the frame repeatedly if the problem is severe. I suppose im trying to use that as a frame damage marker. If you suggest any other markers to look for that would be appreciated. I understand this is currently terrible condition and am willing to do teardown/rebuild/repaint up to the point where no special "surgeries" need to be done for 100 USD and a nakagawa.