Old 11-08-21, 10:00 PM
atwl77
Kamen Rider

Bikes: Fuji Transonic Elite, Marechal Soul Ultimate, Dahon Dash Altena

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked 277 Times in 164 Posts
So my Audax club has published their full year calendar and they're assuming things are going to go back to normal with tighter procedures moving forward - stuff like only allowing fully-vaccinated participants, proper social distancing, and so on. Checkpoints where we stamp our brevet cards at a physical booth or stall is also coming back, though not at every controle and in some areas, they'll still continue using the government's mobile tracking app for check-ins, so carrying a smartphone is going to be a requirement for practically all rides.

Interestingly, they're organizing another Super Randonnee in February. I don't know what the route's going to be like yet, but from my experience last year, it's going to be another blisteringly hot ride. I'll probably be signing up again since I'm a glutton for the punishment!

LRM1300 which has been delayed since forever, is finally taking place in March again. A recce team had just completed the route last week, in heavy rain due to the current monsoon season, so hopefully things will go smoothly this time around.

But those special events aside, I think the most important ride I mustn't miss this season will be the 1000k scheduled for September, as this will probably be the one that counts for pre-registration for Paris Brest Paris the following year. As part of preparation, I've changed my aerobars setup to a shorter ITU draft legal setup - the Profile Design Sonic 45ar - hoping that I can get comfortable with this setup before the season is over. Right now still having some adjustment/fit issues which I hope to get dialed down for an upcoming 300k on the 20th this month.

On a final note, I did not get Super Randonneur for 2021 but assuming the country opens up and goes back to a somewhat normal-ish status, I'll be gunning for SR this season.
Likes For atwl77: