View Single Post
Old 01-10-22, 08:38 AM
sebasbike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by queerpunk
Where are you located, and what velodrome is this? Many tracks have associated clubs, events, training, and races.

The Bareknuckle is a great frame. Use it until you know you’ve outgrown it. It may take a while.

Training is a huuuuge topic - definitely too much for one thread. Training starts with, where are you and where do you want to go? So it’s very individual. However, there are a couple things you can do, all by yourself, to have fun and try to improve and measure your progress. You can do some basic solo timed events (500m / 1000m from a standing start; flying 200m - those are classic sprint events. And, the 3km / 4km individual pursuit is a classic endurance event). There’s a common endurance training pattern that’s just doing 2laps hard and 2 laps easy, over and over. Or, you can do a “points race simulation” where you ride briskly and sprint every 2.5km.
Have fun

Thanks!!

Just to add, yesterday there was a couple of ppl at the drome. I tried to spark up a conversation with them when they finished their sesion but they didn't seem to want to talk.

after a while an instructor appeared, he gave me a few pointers and told me that there are velodrome classes, so as soon as he sends me info to my email i will enroll.

meanwhile i will keep training , i want to start off my classes in a little better shape than i am now. not that i am in bad shape but nowhere near where i want to be.