View Single Post
Old 05-12-20, 07:48 PM
Flip Flop Rider

Bikes: 2010 Fuji Absolute 3.0 1994 Trek 850

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked 555 Times in 322 Posts
there is only one way to cycle at rock bottom cost, you have to do the work yourself and shop online for the best priced parts

it sucks because you/me many others are riding really inexpensive bikes and it kind of defies logic to pay a hundred or two at the shop when the bike only cost a couple hundred.

I paid $150 for a 1990's Trek mountain bike that I ride countless miles on. A couple of days ago, my canti breaks broke. Now, I've switched to changing my own tire and tubes and making small adjustments to fix minor problems. I started looking up converting my brakes from canti to v brakes, and after 20 minutes of reading, drove it to the shop. It will be at least $100 bucks (probably a little more), so worth it? It will be to me when I get it back with new brakes.

Get over it and pay up, or learn yourself, and there are tools to buy as well. And I don't think these bike shops are getting wealthy either. They are just trying to make a living.

you, me, and every one else has to deal with that. So, get over it and pay up so you can go ride. It's worth the cost!
Likes For Flip Flop Rider: