Old 03-08-10, 10:23 PM
onetwentyeight 
blah

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
I've never seen it before. onetwentyeight, tell us about it.
I was told when I bought it it was a Flyer from the mid 40s previously owned by a British olympian who used it as a training bike. I had it set up as a regular track bike for a while, but eventually got bored with that set up as I have another track bike i prefer. The geometry is classic track, but I switched from 27" rims to 700c to give me clearance for 700x32 dry condition cross tires (Challenge Grifo). I put on Mafac Racer centerpulls for braking, and found a mismatched titan stem and bar combo. The levers are mystery french ones from a friend. The rear hub is a sturmey archer ASC, which is the original 3 speed fixed gear hub. It's pretty solid, I've done some hard rides on it (off road, even) and it's held up pretty well. Im a bit concerned about its longevity as such a rare item that I mostly use it for strolling around town. its a little twitchy but a fun bike for zipping around the city.

I have more pictures here, including my modified campy cable guides and other nerdy touches. The only changes I've made since the photos is replace the toe straps with some binda extras and replaced the front wheel with a high flange campy track hub laced to an MA2, as I wanted the generator hub for my Jack Taylor Tour of Britain.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/onetwen...7604107677034/

Last edited by onetwentyeight; 03-08-10 at 10:31 PM.