Old 06-22-22, 09:30 PM
cxwrench

Bikes: lots

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1958 Post(s)
Liked 2,932 Times in 1,489 Posts
Originally Posted by VegasJen
Do you just come in to threads and post in an attempt to make yourself feel better by trying to run others down? I've run into people like you before. You're what is often referred to as "toxic". Please feel free to not contribute in my threads. Believe it or not, you're already there.

For reference, you might want to check out the post below if you would like an example of someone actually providing helpful information.

Ya, I'm no where near a competitive rider, so top shelf is wasted on me. However, I do want the best quality for what I'm doing. I prefer to only buy something one time, when the budget allows. And along that vein, I'd rather buy something that's a little more robust with the belief that it is going to last beyond my riding days, than to save a few extra grams of weight.
I still really don't know the difference between Sora and Claris though. On the Shimano site, they kind of have very similar descriptions. They seem to be advertised as more "entry level". So why the difference? Is one more "entry level" than the other?

Ya, see. That's what I'm talking about. Shimano is in the business of selling their product. Nothing wrong with that. But I can't expect Shimano to tell me, "this product sucks, buy that one." Unless, of course, it's the more expensive one. Once again, not bagging on them for it, that's business. Just looking for someone with real world experience and knowledge to break it down.

From what I gather, Tourney seems to be more MTN bike equpment, whereas Tiagra, Sora and Claris look to be road bike stuff. But from the descriptions I've read there's very little difference in the three.
Toxic...please. The info you were looking for is all over the Shimano site. The whole site is set up in order of quality/performance/price. All of it. If you can't manage to tell the difference between products described as 'entry level' and those described as 'race' I don't know what to say. ALL Shimano products work well. The entry level ones are heavier, not finished as nicely and cost less. The high end are lighter, shinier, work somewhat better and cost more. Just like everything else in this world.
Likes For cxwrench: