View Single Post
Old 11-19-22, 10:24 PM
Nyah
QR-disc must die!!!

Bikes: '99 Trek 520, '20 Kona Sutra (FOR SALE 48cm), '21 Simon-Bikes mini-velo and a chromoly-framed folding bicycle with drop-bars and V-brakes, that rolls even while folded.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Liked 199 Times in 147 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron Damon
Answers embedded in the original text

FWIW, the total outlay for this custom build was about $625. That includes the three required parts not shown: Shimano chain, Ergon grips and Jagwire cabling. Not included is the $15 that I'll pay for outside labor for the installation of the chain and cabling for which I lack the tools and have little patience. All other assembly and installation was done by me.
Thank you for the answers. The Gust thus needs a 2"/50mm extender to match the controls of the Storm. I'm all ready for that, now! To get one of the newer colors, as well as a model that has a truss-anchor built-in, I'll have to look beyond Taobao, apparently. I'm not so ready for that. Paypal option needed, ultimately.

As for the cost of piecing it together, yes, it's way better than paying for a complete bicycle and all the junk parts that come with it. The crankset that came with my Dahon Speed, for instance, weighs a ton.
Likes For Nyah: