Old 01-29-12, 09:21 AM
xoxoxoxoLive

Bikes: 2013 TREK 7.6 FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by giantcfr1

Wow ! I knew it looked rough to start with just from experience...But after reading your follow up post, I'm surprised you managed to average 7 MPH on a bike.. Then after watching Giantcfr1 ride up and down Kurama Mountain, you guys are tough ! And I was waiting on my wife to drive me to this Trail right now : http://www.traillink.com/trail/dunn-...ail-trail.aspx (LAUGH) I have seen the sign where it starts like 100 times, my bank is right on the same corner. But for some reason thought it was 14 miles long, and did not know if I would feel like riding both ways...It is a 17 mile one way trip by car to get there, (I live in the woods) and generally just ride all the roads and trails from my house, but they also are not intended for bike use, and can be brutal. I really do not like having to load up the bike to drive somewhere to ride, but thought (on my wife's advice) who does not ride, to try some trails designed for bike riding. After looking it up while waiting on her, now I'm having second thoughts ! Looks to boring. But already loaded up and committed, so guess I will go. Here is another place I have been plenty of times :
Hog Run (beginner loop)

: The beginner loop starts at the
trailhead and is identified by blue circles. This loop is designed to
give

those riders just starting out a taste of mountain biking. The
terrain

is relatively flat with few obstacles. The beginner loop is
signed for one-way traffic only. Length: ~ .7 miles.
Hog Run (intermediate loop):

The intermediate loop is designed
to challenge mountain bike riders with average skills and
experience. This loop is identified by yellow circles and has a more
narrow
riding tread. It also boasts more changes in elevation and log
jumps (with ride-around option). This loop is signed one-way
traffic only. Length: ~ 2 miles.
Hog Run (advanced loop)

: The advanced loop is identified by
red circles. It offers the longest ride as it is made up of a series of
loops that offers different routes and more challenges to the more
skilled riders. The advanced trail is open for two-way traffic and is
accessed by crossing the park road. Length: ~ 5 miles.

Only the Advanced loop is worth riding, but the Cannondale I will be riding is not the right bike for it, to many technical things like roots, rocks, creeks, Etc. and the others are way to short and easy. Plus I like seeing new things and have been there before. At least they claim the Erwin Trail is flat, so my average speed might increase. ( LOL) Richard : ) PS. AlphaDogg your trip to the bike shop looked more interesting than where I'm going riding. (we will see)..