View Single Post
Old 04-19-22, 02:33 PM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 179 Posts
If you are at the short end of the human height spectrum, cutting the boom may be what you need to do. I'm on the short end of the spectrum so bought small frame trikes that were properly sized with no cutting the boom until my latest trike. My Catrike 700 comes in a one-size-fits-all version with the possibility of ordering an extra long boom for extra tall riders. I did have to cut part off the boom on my CT700 to make it fit. Just took off 1/2" increments with a metal cutting blade on a circular saw. No big deal. A replacement extra long boom is $150 at Utah Trikes so obviously it would not be a deal breaker for many buyers considering the current version of the trike retails today for $3,550 plus shipping.

The vertical portion of the Catrike handlebars lets you move your hand placement back and forth on the bars. That allows me to find the exact right placement for my hands as I steer the trike.

Last edited by VegasTriker; 04-19-22 at 02:37 PM.