cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked 631 Times in 430 Posts
Originally Posted by alceryes
Thanks for your replies everyone! My main issue with buying used is that I only know some very basics about bicycles. I'm concerned that I may buy into a bike that's got an issue and I won't know it until it's too late. Some deals on ebay/craigs/offerup look tempting but I hate buying other peoples problems, if you know what I mean. If I had the knowledge some of you have I'd feel more confident navigating the Specializeds, Treks, and Cannondales on auction.
I ended up pulling the trigger on the one I posted.
...I'm looking forward to putting it together and adjusting things like the brake, shifter, etc. The biggest draw to picking this one up compared to hunting on auctions is the no-hassle return. As long as I don't mess it up, I've got 90 days to test and decide if it's right for me.
Welcome to road cycling ! Always good to know how things turn out, so let us know how the bike works out.
one thing... Your butt will HURT for about 2 weeks of initial riding. Don;t react to that immediately... It's quite normal and expected. It takes about 8-10 days of riding consistently (riding 3x - 4x a week) for your butt/sitzbones to 'adapt' to the saddle pressure. A soft saddle will NOT help this process!
It may be that a different saddle might be called for, down the road. But let your butt adapt - ride through the soreness... Don't take too many days off, or you'll have to go thru the pain cycle again - not a good way to experience 'groundhog day'... LOL!
Ride on
Yuri