Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2632 Post(s)
Liked 3,147 Times in 1,656 Posts
Originally Posted by TheKillerPenguin
And theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnn?
Oh yeah, the crit! I finished at the back of the field, pretty spent. Not a ton to say TBH.

Despite having a lack of depth (in numbers) in teams, it was consistently pretty fast. Also hot (80 F) and dry as well. I had a taste of blood after my first attack that didn't really go away, which was unpleasant. During one (of only a few) lulls at the front, I launched, and 3/4 of a lap later was joined by the race leader (Antonio) and this other strong dude, which was sweet, but the field (understandably) wasn't having any of that and we were reeled in within a km of us becoming three. I was excited about it.

By the time I was recovered and back in position, we were in the lap cards. Tough when it's such a short race (45 min) - not a lot of time to re-group and go again. But I did with four to go - some other guy attacked and I grabbed his wheel immediately. Looking over my shoulder, it was strung out with no gap, so as soon as he started to back off, I launched between him and the curb and got clear. That lasted about 1.75 laps, no one joined me so it wasn't worth any more than that with my early season legs. Still, it was a good experience and interesting to think about how I could have stretched that out with smoother execution and maybe prompted some to bridge.

After that it was 2 to go, so I just latched on to the back and rolled in. All in all, a good weekend and great to get some racing in the belt for the season to come!
Likes For TMonk: