Old 07-24-22, 02:20 PM
USAZorro
Señor Member

Bikes: Mostly English - predominantly Raleighs

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1491 Post(s)
Liked 1,090 Times in 638 Posts
I received notification that the box departed the Kalispell, MT post office sometime shortly after noon (local) on Wednesday. USPS tracking was telling me to expect it by 9:00 pm Friday.

I laughed, and laughed.

Sometime between noon and 13:00 EDT, the sound of a weighty object being deposited onto my porch reverberated through my abode here in the Blue Ridge. Could it be?

Indeed:

This box not only got to attend CINO, but also Fleet Week? I call FOUL!

Here's the obligatory teaser picture:

Eventually, someone with a Sekini will take pity... or someone will concoct some drink featuring triple-sec, christen it a Sekini and mount this over their bar.

I was blown away by all the great stuff that was in the box. I got ideas for several new projects, but I resisted acting on impulse. I had immediately laid hands on a crankset, but then realized that I lacked a proper BB for it. It took me nearly two days to
pare things down to a managable level and to limit it to components that would actually find homes on actual in-progress projects.

Here's the "take"

I did notice the crack in the spider, however I do have an identical one that lacks means of attaching a second chainring. After verifying the bolts moved, it moved to the keeper pile.

I'm thinking the bell may end up on my Clunker challenge (Bumblebee) as I give it a couple other modest upgrades - if not, it will definitely get plenty of use.

The brake levers will go on a Bridgestone which still has the original grab ons to replace the turkey levers that it came with as I adapt it to be the designated fixie.

The RD will end up on the wife's 753-tubed Technium (longer term project that is putting a "Frame Doesn't Fit" bike back on the road - it's 80% painted but I am going to have to build a pair of wheels for it)

The bar tape and the crankset will end up on the Carlton Corsa that had been stalled out due to it lacking a crankset.

The ephemera will serve to forever remind me of how I irretruevable ruined the dynohub on my late uncle's Superbe by removing the magnet as I attempted to figure out how it should work. It will eventually reside on a bookshelf in the shop.

I am hoping to be able to cram everything back into the box and get it heading back west tomorrow.