Old 09-26-19, 11:30 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Super D
@carlton that’s amazing, thank you for sharing that! Do you ever get to San Diego? I can’t accept using the app for free, I have to pay you in fish tacos. Take me up on it, please.
Deal!

Originally Posted by Super D
Is it difficult to add parameters? Now that we’re looking at the spreadsheet with RPM and seeing resultant speed per gearing combination, it’s kind of changing the way I’m looking at gearing overall. I’m thinking for the 200, the resultant max speed is the why, and RPM is the how.

Not to oversimplify... of course, there are situations beyond the 200 where other factors come into play, such as spooling up from a standing start, length of race, etc. I’m starting to understand gearing basics better. This is so helpful.
Hmmm....let me think about it...

That's in my other app...for that I charge A LOT.

...$1.99

Look for the "Simulator" feature in the app. You can change parameters and see what the calculator computes your time to be. It's the 3rd image here:

I can't link directly to it because I'm not a paying advertiser here and I don't want to get in hot water. But, if you click the link above and then click my name, you'll see my apps. Or search the store for "Track Cycling Stopwatch" or "Carleton Hall".

EDIT: I removed the head to head TT part from my app. I need to remove it from the screenshot.

BTW, Lots of top coaches and athletes use this. I've even seen it used on WR attempts. My buddy says he saw a coach using it on the Rio Olympics.

I should charge more...