Old 03-27-20, 02:41 PM
mgw4jc

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse, Trek 5000 TCT, Giant OCR

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
I have not ridden in two weeks now. Last week they still had us coming into the office, but I drove each day either because of rain or I had a feeling they would be sending us home with computers. And so that happened last Friday. I don't know if my work would be essential or not, but the company decided we can and should work from home regardless. State of NC hasn't issued a stay-at-home, the county my office is in did.

I've worked from my bedroom all this week. I have been running in the mornings, but no riding yet. May just have to do some though as the weather is great for doing so right now. As other have seen, there are families taking walks, getting the dog out, etc. I haven't been to any parks, well, not during the day, to see if people are keeping distance or not. I'm in a pretty rural area though, so it's easy to keep 6, or even 26 feet away from others.

Groceries, cleaning supplies and of course, toilet paper are the next biggest challenge. Limits on things like butter and milk are one per family. I understand, but if you really wanted to, it's fairly easily subverted. Wife buys one, I buy one, 18 yr old son buys one, etc. But I told the family shoppers to not be greedy and only get what they allow or what we need.

My family is staying busy with games, movies, and yard work. We moved houses just before this all went down, so that first week we were still unpacking and cleaning up the rental house we moved out of. Kids' activities are all suspended, so evenings are the biggest change with no drop off / pick up trips. And I'm home from work (errr, available?) an hour earlier with no commute, so lots of extra time!