Old 07-30-20, 07:47 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by DMC707
We're now truly living in a renaissance time for boutique and specialty diets ----

even in Oklahoma City, if you mention youre paleo , the server will likely suggest something her boyfriend orders because he is too (or something like that) -- and the hamburger without the bun has now become common enough that many times if you order a side of broccoli instead of fries, the server will automatically ask if you want to leave the bun off --- just 10 years ago , people thought you were goofy to do something that astonishing

Im not keto but I eat low carb -- my philosophy is id rather skip the breads and pastas in exchange for having a couple of beers every now and then. But this strategy is not working. I need to lose weight but my body is happy and has achieved some sort of homeostasis , so I believe its time to ditch the alcohol and try to induce true ketosis for a while
I have a sweet tooth and I'm OK with it. When I would diet I would simply "save my carbs for sweets" and retain some semblance of normalcy when it came to calorie counting. I was happy to trade beer, booze, rice, and bread for cookies.