TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2627 Post(s)
Liked 3,144 Times in 1,654 Posts
Originally Posted by hubcyclist
I definitely couldn't make zwift racing a routine part of my training, I've done 2 weeks of it and don't find it super motivating to go out and constantly smash it, I like my intervals and rest between them lol.

But I did a 3hr z2 session on the trainer on saturday, and wanted to do another 3hrs yesterday but got texted by my wife 1:40 into the ride that we had to get ready to go to a time slot she had booked for us to go to. Boo. Stuff like that is a big reason why, as much as I'd like to try doing like 4-5hrs on the trainer, I just don't have time to routinely do it, 2hrs with sweet spot is like the ideal balance for me.

We went hiking on Saturday just up the street from us, we're trying to make hiking more of a thing, and seeing a bunch of people on MTBs having fun made me want to get into that. Not sure how much I'd use it, although I'd have no excuse being quite literally a 5min ride away. MTB is a rabbit hole I'm not prepared to go down, mainly from a cost perspective, unlike road there seems to be way too much compromise in quality/function on the lower end.
MTB rules. I would agree with your assessment about cost though. Make sure you get tubeless, hydraulic disc and 1x shifting. Your looking at like 1k (new) to get into the bottom of that market.