rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2584 Post(s)
Liked 5,642 Times in 2,922 Posts
Originally Posted by rekmeyata
Well, here's the deal. A friend of mine got Covid back in April of 2020, he was a very avid cyclist, he had a mild case like a head cold, it went away after a week, a week after that he decided to ride his bike at a spin gym and knowing him he probably was going at a fast clip, he came home told his wife he had a great ride then 5 minutes later his wife heard a thump, goes to see what happen and he's on the floor dead. I also heard this has been happening with runners and cyclists. So, two Thursdays ago I got tested positive for Covid after experiencing a slight fever and body aches, that went away in about 2 days and then was left with mild congestion for a week. Today I decided to ride the bike for the first time since the Covid, since I knew what had happened to my friend I only rode it 10 miles at a leisurely pace, I felt nothing odd, but for the next month I'm going to ride at a leisurely pace just to be safe and slowly increase the distance, and then next month kick up a notch.

I don't know, but if any of you get Covid don't go nuts on the bike after you recover, and also don't ride the bike while you're recovering, it may not effect a person, but to another person it could kill them, and since we don't know which person it will kill and which it will not, play it safe.
The problem for some people with a mild case of COVID is that symptoms may not progress for weeks or months, if they do at all. The heart muscle can be attacked as well as the lungs in addition to micro blood clots which may irreversibly effect the brain. COVID is something you dont want to mess around with and I’m not even talking about the poor long haulers.