View Single Post
Old 07-25-21, 04:06 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10424 Post(s)
Liked 11,898 Times in 6,094 Posts
I had another "Oh, My God!! I LOVE this bike!!!" experiences, this time with the Schwinn Circuit. I felt like I'd been neglecting it, and I'd gone to the trouble of getting a 22t and a 26t cog, to make the gearing a little easier for my old legs. So I took it out for a 65 mile ride, and WOW, it was great!!! Not just a pretty face! Between the steel frame and the VIttoria Corsa tires, the ride was comfy but it never felt too mushy or flexy. The SIS gears work great, even on a Uniglide cassette. I think rotating the Biopace chainrings really makes the difference.

This is the 22" frame I dithered over, not sure I could make it fit me, since I usually ride 58 or 59 (23-23 1/2"). But with a longer seatpost and a 130mm stem, the length is good. The bar is a good 2cm lower than most of my other bikes, but with a Soma Highway One bar, I can still use the drops for riding into the wind. Surprisingly comfortable! And I was afraid I'd have to get a Nitto Technomic stem.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey: