Old 08-09-21, 01:24 PM
Feelgood1

Bikes: Ridley Noah SL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by philbob57
I started with Avocet Touring I; after 30 years I got hit by numbness. I then went successively to Fizik Aliante, Brooks B-17 Imperial, one of ISM's lower priced road models, Selle SMP TRK, Selle SMP Blaster, back to the SMP TRK. I had no numbness on the ISM up to 25 or 30 miles, but developed a saddle sore, which I attribute to all the weight on my pubic rami; some people get the saddle sores, though most don't. The SMP TRK was great up to 50 miles (didn;t go farther), and I decided to upgrade to the Blaster. The Blaster is longer from the lowest to the highest point than the TRK is, and that dimension was too long for me - I could never sit right on that saddle, so I went back to the TRK. I've been on the TRK since 2016.

If the TRK stops working, I think I'll try the B-17 Imperial again, because my frame is classic English. If I can't make that work, the next step would probably be Rido because of the low cost.

ETA: I believe the thinking underlying the ISM and Selle SMP (and Rido and apparently SWLab, too) is sound, but my experience is by no means guaranteed to match anyone else's.
You have the trk on a road bike with drop bars? Their label says it's made for trekking and road is a different category. just wondering thank you.