View Single Post
Old 03-28-24, 05:13 AM
noimagination

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 369 Post(s)
Liked 424 Times in 250 Posts
Originally Posted by SoSmellyAir
If someone has been more than an occasional, casual cyclist for a while (as you have), I suspect that one would have been motivated to get the various touch points "pretty darn close"; otherwise, one would be noticeably uncomfortable, especially over longer distances or at greater intensity.
Agreed. Although I didn't get a "pro fit", when I picked up my bike last June, they did put the bike on a trainer and I was "fitted" on my bike by a qualified fitter who works at the shop. I just gave him my saddle height, he adjusted the saddle to that height, I hopped on, pedaled for a while and the fitter said everything looked fine. It's true that they didn't take all of the measurements that they would have for a "pro fit", but he did spend some time looking at my position and pedaling action from several viewpoints for a while, and he does know what to look for. So as Jen noted any changes would have been minor tweaks.

(Note: I don't think they were just trying to get me out of there, because this is my LBS and I've been with them for more than 20 years. I've purchased several bikes, brought my many bikes in for various issues, bought consumables and clothes, accessories (lights, computers, etc.) and so on. I know the fitter who fitted me on my new bike, we've had many conversations about bikes and cycling, and we had a lot of discussions during the purchase of my latest bike.)
Likes For noimagination: