Old 08-01-11, 01:31 PM
mattradaz

Bikes: 1989 Miyata 914, 2008 Quintana Roo Seduza Tri

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Custom Built Carbon TT "Sort of Funny" Bike

Just finished my first ever frame build...and I now have IMMENSE respect of those that do this for a living. This was a very difficult process and the level of thought and attention to detail that went into constructing this frame was almost beyond description. I'll post some details of how I built it in the next few weeks, as well as some feedback on how it rides....as I plan to start riding it this week.

The bike is a 700c Rear and 650c front in order to help lower the front end and get me in a better aero position...plus the frontal area is reduced. The old 24" funny bikes just looked....well....funny so I didn't go that route.

The frame consists of high modulus carbon tubes which were mitered and bonded and then the joints were wrapped with carbon strips. The rear end is a Deda Firebox (customized to mount to BB30) and the fork is an Advanced Composites Aero unit with an aluminum steerer. The bare frame before paint and cable guides, etc. weighed in at just over 2 pounds and just under 3 pounds when I started bolting parts on it. The bike as pictured weighs 16.8 pounds...only pedals missing.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by mattradaz; 08-01-11 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Typo