Italuminium
Cisalpinist

Bikes: blue ones.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by mattradaz
The frame consists of high modulus carbon tubes which were mitered and bonded and then the joints were wrapped with carbon strips. The rear end is a Deda Firebox (customized to mount to BB30) and the fork is an Advanced Composites Aero unit with an aluminum steerer. The bare frame before paint and cable guides, etc. weighed in at just over 2 pounds and just under 3 pounds when I started bolting parts on it. The bike as pictured weighs 16.8 pounds...only pedals missing.

[[/IMG]
Hey mattradaz, that's a great looking bike. What kind of tubes did you use for the tt, the st and dt? Were they custom wrapped or off the shelve? And how did you decide what the wall thickness should be? I'm in the middle of designing my first carbon bike, and still stumped by these questions. The only thing I have found are notations of the number of plies, yet no mention how thick the tubes end up to be. And I found some guidance in the bike tubes of rock west composites, but it would be a pain for me to import their set due to customs etc. Thanks in advance! Btw great idea to use an of shelve deda unit for the rear end.