View Single Post
Old 05-23-16, 06:04 PM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 3,114 Times in 1,683 Posts
Originally Posted by slcbob
^ did that prognostication change any after the TT?

It might play out like you say. But I'd say the odds are just as good that Majka and/or Zakarin jump the shark as they are that the shark jumps Kruijswijk.

Nibali limited damage like a champ in stage 14. Stage 15 showed that 14 wasn't a one-off bad day for him. Should be an interesting week ahead.
naah. i'll stick with nibbles, majka and chaves as 1-2-3. kruijswijk will have his hands full the last few stages in the high mountains with his rivals-
especially valverde and nibali-seemingly having stronger teams/support. counting on majka to finish strong as he has in the past. zakarin is a bit
more of an unknown variable to me than the others. surprised he's where he is.

if kruijswijk can keep riding as strongly as he has w/o a bad day/mechanical/crash and limit any losses to rivals to 20-30 seconds a stage, he's got the trophy.
as much as i would like to see an attacking alliance form with the other contenders vs the pink jersey, that kinda thing rarely happens. we'll see what comes
out of the rest day. someone usually has an off day because of it.