View Single Post
Old 05-14-21, 02:09 PM
YankeeRider

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by 2old
Hey YR, I was just making a statement since, obviously, you've done a lot of research, and I'll be glad to hear how the bike performed. Cort (electricbikereview) interviewed Sam from Dost - YouTube). BTW, don't be surprised if your clothes start feeling a little loose.
That is just what I am looking for! :-) I am not in good shape now and have some joint issues too. But I am not looking at an e-bike as a lightweight electric motorcycle to buzz around at 25mph under throttle alone. Nothing wrong with that mind you, but I plan on riding maybe 15mph, pedaling with a modest level of e-assist. As I recall that's roughly the speed I used to sustain when I weighed 170lb back in the good old days. Exercise is definitely a goal, along with just getting fresh air and sun and exploring and appreciating the area more than I can on foot or by car :-).

If I do settle on the Dost, I need to order by the end of May, as they have a significant price increase coming after that. Then I'll need to be patient as they have an order backlog, as so many bike makers do these days. They did a nice job of communicating that in this video linked below - I think that may be the same guy? There's a lot of details therein, which I think might be interesting for people generally as these issues are affecting bike makers broadly as well as other types of consumer products. 600 day lead time for some parts - yikes! That will make planning difficult - no one has a crystal ball that's that clear and businesses need to commit to orders for their supplies many months or even a couple of years in advance.

Last edited by YankeeRider; 05-14-21 at 02:15 PM. Reason: grammar
Likes For YankeeRider: