Old 12-07-16, 08:12 PM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
Jim,
I contacted our machinist/superintendent about bearings and races, he referred me to "Machinery's Handbook, 27th Edition, Industrial Press" This manual has all of the charts and in depth criteria for bearings, races and cartridge bearings, among a whole slew of other information about these type of things, about 4000 pages all total. One of the best investments in a reference book I have made fro my professional library.

Way too much to try and type in here and scanning is more than I have time to do right now, unfortunately. This book is pretty much the bible for anything related to materials, engineering specifications, mathematics applications for machinist operations, etc. Bearings begin on page 2203, just pass by the surface bearings, and start with anti-friction bearings, as ball and roller type bearings are called, as opposed to bushings and such. The criteria for size, number of balls or rollers, and race details as well.

Hope you have access to a copy, try any machinist shop or probably a mechanical engineering department for a manufacturing and fabrication concern, if you wish to pursue this. T-mar and the others seem to have pretty well filled in the blanks, this would be digging much further in to the fine print. Best of luck.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13