Thread: XC or Gravel
View Single Post
Old 04-21-23, 08:44 PM
KalinDrew

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Ive looked at the lauf seigla in the past. it looks like a very capable gravel machine. However I do most of my riding on a gravel levee (double track) it is by all means NOT a smooth gravel road which is why i consider an xc. I rode my dads diverge with future shock (1.5 i believe) for about and it was very rough at 16-17 mph. i rode a little on a paved backroad (not a single car passed me) and it was very smooth and much more comfortable than my old road bike. so someone tell me this; Will i be able to average close to the same speed (within 1-2 mph) with a hardtail xc mtb (thinking either a specialized chisel or a used sc highball i found on pinkbike) as a fully rigid gravel bike?? (putting out the same watts of course)

I can put up with the roughness if a gravel bike will be significantly faster (3 or 4 mph) than a properly setup hardtail xc bike. if it will only save me 1 or 2 mph then i will definitely take the xc bike as i occasionally ride super chunky mountain trails and would b nice to not push my current pig of a mtb around them.

My goal is not to have “fun” this is for training for those times i occasionally go to the mountains on my bike.

my version of fun is jumps and berms downhill all day but i live in a flat area and love anything two wheeled.