Stravacyclist79

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Dave Crowe
[IMG]

https://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Produc...2_603921_-1___

If breaking spokes or fighting to keep wheels in true have ever been an issue with your road wheels then the Vuelta Corsa HD 11-Speed Road Wheelset are definitely the right choice. Everything about them oozes strength and confidence so they're perfect for heavy training, the rigors of cyclocross, touring or commuting, or if you're simply a bigger rider who puts plenty of stress on wheels through normal riding. They've got a stout, 30mm-deep aluminum rim that's built to last plus you couldn't ask for a stronger spoke set-up than 36 straight gauge spokes per wheel laced in a 3-cross pattern.

The CNC-machined brake track provides excellent all-weather performance while the hubs spin on sealed cartridge bearings so they get up to speed quickly and roll smoothly. For the ultimate in compatibility this wheelset is 11-speed Shimano/SRAM ready, with an included 8/9/10-speed spacer for older cassettes so the odds are it will seamlessly work with your current drivetrain. Last but not least, there's no robot construction here as these wheels are lovingly built by hand for perfect tension and true.
30mm, medium-V alloy, pinned rims are strong and aerodynamic
CNC-machined brake walls provide responsive, precise braking performance
36 14-gauge stainless spokes laced 3x (both front and rear) creates a super-strong wheel
Sealed cartridge bearings spin fast and roll smooth
Robust design accommodates riders weighing up to 300 lbs
Hand built to ensure perfect tension and true
Shimano/SRAM 8/9/10/11-speed compatible cassette body
I bought these after having breaking 3 spokes on my Bontrager back wheels and I have to say these were a great recommendation. I bought them on sale @nashbar for just over a $100.